Autodesk has just released a new version of AutoCAD 2021 with many improved features. Not only a “transformation” of the interface but AutoCAD 2021 also adds many professional 2D and 3D graphic design tools, the import/export features that help users most convenient in processing drawings computer technique.
What is AutoCAD?
When it comes to design and precision it is difficult for a device to surpass a computer, moreover, specialized apps like Autodesk AutoCAD give you the ability to design almost anything from art to Complex mechanical parts or even buildings. Millions of construction, bridge, and mechanical engineers are making friends with Autodesk AutoCAD every day.
Maximize productivity by using powerful design tools, connect and streamline your design workflow with documentation. In addition, you can expand your design ideas with AutoCAD’s powerful new features, such as sharing your designs with multiple people; Work effectively with new documentation enhancements.
A Mac version is also available now. You can download AutoCAD for Mac right now.
Now when registering AutoCAD drawing software on the computer, users have access to AutoCAD 2D, 3D CAD software, and a set of professional tools in the graphic design industry. Besides, users can take advantage of all the benefits of the web, AutoCAD mobile applications and start work from anywhere.
The main feature of graphic design software AutoCAD
- Rich 2D Documentation: Produce 2D documents and drawings with a variety of drawing, editing, annotating tools.
- Innovative 3D design : Create and process most blueprints with 3D modeling and illustration tools.
- Personalized experience: Use a professional toolkit and customize AutoCAD with extensions from the Autodesk App Store.
- Collaboration: Access drawings from the desktop, web, and mobile devices. Share and use data from Navisworks, Bing Maps …
Configuration required using Autodesk AutoCAD
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 Update KB4019990 (32-bit & 64-bit)Microsoft Windows 8.1 Update KB2919355 (32-bit & 64-bit)Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversary Update (64-bit only) (version 1607 or higher)|
|Microprocessor||Processor minimum 2.5 – 2.9GHzProcessor recommended: 3 + GHz|
|Memory||8GB minimum16GB is recommended|
|Screen resolution||Standard display: 1920 x 1080 True ColorSupports 4k monitors with high resolution up to 3840 x 2160 on Windows 10, 64-bit systems (with compatible video card)|
|Graphic card||Minimum 1GB GPU with 29GB / s bandwidth and DirectX 11 compatible4GB GPU with 106GB / s bandwidth and DirectX 11 compatible|
|Network||Deploy through the Deployment Wizard.The server license and all workstations running the application that depend on a licensed network must run the TCP / IP protocol.Can accept Microsoft or Novell TCP / IP protocol. The primary login on the workstation can be either Netware or Windows.In addition to the application support operating system, the server license will run Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Windows 2008 R2 Server editions.Citrix XenApp 7.6, Citrix XenDesktop 7.6.|
|Pointing device||MS-Mouse compatible|
|The .NET Framework||The .NET Framework version 4.7|
Additional requirements for large datasets, Point Clouds, and 3D models
- Memory: 8 GB or more.
- Space: 6 GB available, does not include installation requirements.
- Video card: Video display adapter 1920 x 1080 True Color or higher; 128 MB VRAM or higher; Pixel Shader from 3.0; Direct3D compatible workstation graphics card.
Note: It is recommended to run AutoCAD on 64-bit operating systems if you have to deal with large datasets, point cloud, 3D models, especially when you use Model Documentation or Point Cloud.
Download the latest AutoCAD
AutoCAD 2021 includes industry-standard toolkits; improves workflow on desktop, web, and mobile, and adds new features such as saving drawing history …
- Drawing History: Compare past & present drawings and see how your work has changed.
- Xref comparison: See the changes on the current drawing from external references (Xrefs).
- Block table: View and access content blocks from AutoCAD on the desktop or in the AutoCAD web app.
- Improved performance: Experience faster save and install times. Upgrade to multi-core processor for smoother trajectory, screen scrolling & zooming.
- AutoCAD on any device: View, edit and create drawings in AutoCAD on any device – desktop, web or mobile.
- Cloud storage connectivity: Access DWG files in AutoCAD to the Autodesk cloud, together with leading cloud storage providers.
- Quick measure: Display all available rulers in the drawing simply by pointing the mouse.
- DWG comparison enhancements: Compare two drawing versions without exiting the current window.
- Clean up: Remove multiple unnecessary objects at once with an easy selection tool and object preview.
Other additional features
- Expand workflow
- Create, edit and view CAD drawings anytime, anywhere.
- Save designs to web and mobile.
- Share the design viewer to get reviews and comments.
- Sketch, draw, and annotate 2D
- Many text settings options.
- Automatically generate dimensions.
- Create bookmarks with various content types, including text and blocks.
- Create and edit centerlines & markers.
- Create tables containing data, symbols in rows & columns, apply formulas, and link them to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Cloud saving modifications in drawings.
- Save your blueprint by name to easily return to a specific viewer for a quick reference or apply the layout viewport.
- Select the artboard size, add a title block, and show multiple sample viewers.
- Use fields in the text object to show content that can be automatically updated when the field value changes.
- Data linking helps to update and change between an Excel spreadsheet and a table in AutoCAD.
- Extract information from objects, blocks, properties, including drawing information
- Add flexibility and creativity to your loot references
- Create and edit objects in circular or rectangular patterns or in a line
- Apply geometric or dimensional restrictions to maintain the relationship between the geometry drawing.
- Extend the power of AutoCAD with its collection of performance tools.
- Many other improvements in:
- 3D modeling and visualization
- Collaborate on drawings
- Install and customize the design
- AutoCAD on any device: View, edit, and create drawings in AutoCAD on almost any device – desktop, web, or mobile.
- Cloud storage connectivity: Access any DWG file in AutoCAD using Autodesk’s cloud with leading cloud storage providers.
- Block palette: Insert effective blocks from the recently used list with image gallery.
- Quick dimensioning: Display all measurements in the drawing simply by pointing the mouse at the desired position.
- New dark theme: Reduce eye strain with contrast enhancements, sharp icons, and a modern blue interface.
- Enhanced DWG comparison: Compare two drawing versions without having to leave the current window.
- Clearer layout redesign: Eliminate many unnecessary objects at once with the object previewer and easy selection.
- Improved performance: Enhance your experience at a faster, time-saving speed. 50% faster installation times on SSDs.
Compare AutoCAD vs AutoCAD LT
The following chart will help you decide which software is best for the job:
|Outstanding advantages||Design every detail with 2D & 3D CAD software. Now includes access to specialized toolsets and workflow enhancements on desktop, web, and mobile.||Create 2D drawings more quickly and accurately. Enjoy improved workflow on desktop, web, and mobile.|
|Apply||Sketching, drawing and documenting 2D graphics.3D modeling and visualization.||Sketching, drawing and documenting 2D graphics.|
|Feature||Create and edit 2D geometry.Create and edit 3D models with the solid, surface, and mesh objects.Annotation of drawings by words, dimensions, leader, tables.Customize ribbon and tool palettes.Customizable with application add-ons and APIs.Extract the object data into a table.Attach and import data from PDF files.Share and use data from DGN files, Navisworks, Bing Maps.Implement and monitor CAD standards.Access a set of specialized tools for architectural design, mechanics, electricity …||Create and edit 2D geometry.Annotation of drawings by words, dimensions, tables, leader.Customize ribbon and tool palettes.Attach and import data from PDF files.Share and use data from DGN file and Bing Maps.|
|Licensing||One user.Multiple users (network).||One user.|
|Include||Access to Autodesk App Store.New AutoCAD web app.AutoCAD mobile application.||New AutoCAD web app.AutoCAD mobile application.|
|Price||1,575.00 USD / year||390.00 USD / year|